Tuesday, May 25, 2010

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!












From the Myth Master's ... whatever it said ...
YAYYY!!!!!!!!!!
Why are you so excited? Because I finally found my lost book!!
Big whoop. No, no, voice in my head, it is a big whoop because this book happens to be The Last Olympian, signed by the author, Rick Riordan.
If you are a passionate Percy Jackson and the Olympian reader like I am, you will find the joy of this discovery :D
How did we get it signed? Riordan came to St. Louis last year for a special speech and book signing. So many people came the line wrapped around the whole library. We were all waiting for at least 2 or 3 hours, but it was so worth it. Luckily, everyone got inside before it started pouring down rain.
He's extremely funny even in real life, and this was of course before the Red Pyramid was out, so he told everyone about that.
Then he signed our book.
But, one day this year, I was looking to read it for the tenth billion time, when I go to my bookshelf, and it isn't there. At first, I'm slightly worried, but then I absolutely can't find it. I pretty much tear my room apart looking for the book. I love the series so much, and that book is pretty awesome.
Where was it? At my school, in the library.
At first, the librarian called, a woman whom I dispise. I was like "What?" when she told me my book was at the library.
But then I understood. We let her borrow it for some book display once, and I guess she never gave it back ..
That evil fiend. She kept it for over a year
Humph. Well, all that matters is that I got it back(:
:D!
Well here are some pics from the signing ...



Before he signed books, Riordan talked for a while about the series and what was next. So many people attended some were in the room he was speaking in, and some had to stay in a room off of that and watch on a screen.






Riordan, signing our book.











Group 11!













Anyone who likes this series, tell me, because I love them! I remember getting the first book about a week after it came out, and instantly I fell in love with it. I convinced Amber to read it after a while, and the rest, as they say, is history.
It's been a while since that first one came out, like 2 or 3 years?
Wow, it really doesn't seem that long.
He wrote 5 books with that series and is working on the Red Pyramid now. Riordan is such an amazing author.
There's even a movie. Also tell me if you've read the book and seen the movie, what did you think? I personally thought a lot of it was wrong, but Hollywood never does an amazing job of making it perfectly like the book. It actually was pretty funny, and I loved how Grover was a gangsta.
The dude who plays him is a rapper in real life xD
But the effects were really good. They left out a lot and added a lot ... but it possibly could have been worse. I'll see the next one of course, because I am simply a die-hard fan.
One part that sucked about the movie is that they didn't do the part where they partially blew up the arch. I mean, come on! I just happen to live by it, and do they put it in the movie? Nope. It would have been insanely awesome though if they came to St. Louis and filmed it there. I would have gone to watch.
Have a great rest of your week, take a risk, and read a book for me.
Ciao,
Vanessa Sunrider















No comments: